I learned very early in life how special animals are at offering love, trust, companionship, and relating on the level I was capable of at any given time. I’ve been in love with horses since I was very young and could teach myself to ride on rental horses at a regional park near my home. In the decades that followed, I learned not just how to ride and care for horses but what they had to teach me about myself. There is an unspoken wisdom that horses share when we pay attention. As a seeker, a student of life, and a teacher, I have combined skills and interests to create programs that allow me to share with others how horses can mirror for us what we most need to focus on. I spent many years teaching students of all ages, and I loved it. Now I combine my respect and love of horses with students who choose to learn more about themselves from horses to enrich and expand their lives in meaningful ways.
Creating this programs to share what horses can teach us fills my spirit. The most meaningful conversations are what we focus on at Bend Horse Talk. I cannot imagine more fulfilling work in life.
My professional experiences have covered a wide range of teaching, coaching, staff development programs, and curriculum design and implementation.
Certifications and Degrees:
- E3 Equine Experiential Education
- Masters in Teaching
- National Council for Staff, Program, and Organizational Development
Other Professional Development:
- EAGALA part 1
- Skyhorse Ranch part 1
- Multicultural Communication – Institute of Intercultural Communication
- Oregon Institute of Leadership Development
- Communications Training – Newfield Group
- Transitions Training – Edgewalker Group International
- Teaching for a Change
- League for Innovation
- Education Commission of the States
- Business Education Compact